Booms for Oils
The symbol for this product type is Oils - Red Circle.
Booms are constructed with a unique dowel and loop system for linking booms together to span large areas, ie: open waters. These booms have nylon rope loop on each end to permit easy placement, securing, and retrieval from drainage ditches, culverts, and parking lots.
Unique Construction - Continuous yellow nylon rope running end-to-end though center of boom is surrounded by slits of melt-blown polypropylene encased with black mesh cover stock.
- The center rope provides strength required for stress caused by water flow and/or handling.
- Continuous slits of melt-blown polypropylene will not clump or separate thus eliminating the possibility of oil flow through problems encountered with conventional booms that are made from shred or loose particulate.
- Bright yellow rope and contrasting black mesh permits quick identification of boom location, even in rough terrain or harsh water.
Increased Contaminant Adsorption - Fine fibre melt-blown polypropylene provides greater surface area for more contaminant adsorption.
Long Lasting - UV-Stabilized, tear-resistant nylon mesh lasts up to one year outdoors without breakdown or deterioration.
High Quality Accessories - Rope is heavy 5/16" poly and dowels are made from high quality hardwood combined they allow for secure retrieval of heavy saturated booms.
Improved Handling and Deployment
- Dowel and loop system at constant intervals allows for easier, faster, safer deployment.
- Easier linking of booms to span larger areas.
- Faster, safer handling in all applications ie: coupling in multiple boom/sweep applications in quiet or rough waters.
- Safer when deploying booms in inclement weather and/or when wearing heavy gloves and work clothes.
Click here for detailed product specifications (product code, sizes, quantities, etc).